Idaho Falls, ID (Remote)
Senior Software Developer
July 2021 - Present
- Developed stored procedures, table schemas, and views for data models in a data lake: Snowflake, SQL
- Developed a test harness used by a team of ~10 developers to create unit tests for stored procedures: Snowflake, Python, pytest, SQL
- Assisted in loading data into a datalake and verifying data quality. Resolved data quality issues caused by bugs in stored procedure code and improved unit test coverage of stored procedures from 0 to over 90%: Snowflake, SQL, Airflow, Python, pytest
Jersey City, NJ
March 2019 - September 2020
- Maintained middleware that supports various 3rd-party user identity and authentication services, print subscription management, and metered paywall access: Python, Flask, Zappa, AWS
- Designed, implemented, and deployed a new version of the middleware to address increasing demands of scaling to additional markets and integration with 4 external APIs. This is currently in production serving thousands of users and averaging ~10-20 queries/second: Python, Django, Zappa, AWS (Lambda, Aurora, ElastiCache)
- Worked with front-end developers utilizing React to design the API and back-end for updated account management tools: Python, Django, Zappa, AWS (Lambda)
- Maintained and updated various reporting jobs. Wrote scripts to generate reports and user account audits: Python, AWS (Lambda), SQL
Full Stack Web Developer (contractor)
October 2018 - February 2019
- Completed the ASML Software Academy: 3 weeks of software development process and Agile training. Gained familiarization of photolithographic processes used in the semiconductor fabrication industry and development of related embedded software.
January 2018 - September 2018
- Maintained and added features to a leads routing and bidding system: Python, SQLAlchemy, MySQL
- Developed and maintained tools and scripts, deployment scripts, various scrapers/crawlers, and utility programs for internal use: Python, Fabric, MySQL
- Developed automated testing to ensure proper synchronization and consistency of data across various systems in the technology stack: Python
January 2017 - January 2018
- Developed Python applications to support data collection from semi-autonomous railway track inspection vehicles.
Associate Mainframe Developer
June 2016 - January 2017
- Completed the LEAP training program (Mainframe Track). This included business acumen training as well as technical training on IBM z/OS series mainframe and related technologies: ISPF, JCL, COBOL, CICS, DB2
- Developed and maintained online (CICS) and batch programs for z/OS in support of trading and brokerage platforms.
Software Developer (Intern)
January 2016 - March 2016
- Worked on a team that helped rewrite software components critical to the business in need of optimization.
- Assisted with identifying and implementing changes to improve reliability and maintainability of code encompassing core business logic.
- Assisted with the consolidation of several systems and processes into one cohesive product developed in Ruby/Rails.
- Developed integrations to automate interactions with 3rd party payment portals and APIs.
Salt Lake City, UT
Software Developer (Intern)
October 2015 – December 2015
- Worked on a team responsible for the creation and maintenance of a dashboard tool to
track statistics of other company software development projects.
- Implemented tools to assist with the tracking of code quality and helped to eliminate
- Worked primarily with open-source technologies such as Spring MVC and AngularJS.
Software Developer (Intern)
June 2015 - September 2015
- Worked on a team with four other students to create a functional testing framework for the 1-800 Contacts website.
- Developed an automated browser testing solution using NodeJS, Grunt, Selenium, Intern, LeadFoot, SauceLabs, and Python.
- Won first place at the Summer 2015 Neumont University Project Showcase in the Enterprise Projects category.
Junior Python Developer
October 2012 - September 2013
- Maintained and developed new features for call center software utilizing Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and FreeSwitch.
- Assisted clients with generating reports from large amounts of data consisting of call records and related performance and usage statistics.
- Provided technical support to call center personnel and assisted with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues and software bugs.
- Worked in the Philippines for two months interviewing and training a Philippines-based development team in Python, Django, and proprietary tools
- Developed APIs and integrations with 3rd party APIs to support various client needs.
Powder River Division
January 2012 - August 2012
- Assisted with the construction and maintenance of rail signals and grade crossing warning devices.
- Conducted various tests and troubleshooting of new and existing signal installations and related equipment including wiring, relays, and electronic control systems.
- Developed training aids such as this signal aspects quizzer: transvec.com/bnsf_signals.
Idaho Falls, ID
Web Marketing Intern
May 2011 - July 2011
- Performed data entry tasks involving Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Designed and developed a customer rewards site using Django, Python, and MySQL.
Idaho Falls, ID
Software Quality Assurance Tester
October 2010 - March 2011
- Tested customer-facing retail website and internal customer/order management software for correct operation.
- Submitted bug reports and tracked progress of bug corrections.
- Ensured that bug corrections functioned correctly.
- Performed regular regression testing of new software builds prior to release and deployment.
- Assisted software developers with troubleshooting.
- Occasionally performed call-center duties.
February 2010 - October 2010
- Employed safe lifting techniques while loading boxes often weighing in excess of 85 lbs. onto carts and vehicles.
- Assisted the store safety committee and participated in the 'safety bucks' program. Provided feedback and suggestions to management on implementing enhanced safety measures.
- Retrieved carts from the parking lot at regular intervals and in all weather conditions. Adhered to safety precautions while maneuvering rows of carts around vehicles in a busy parking and loading dock areas.
- Organized large home-delivery orders and prepared merchandise for shipment. Completed relevant paperwork.
- Worked varying shifts and hours including weekends and holidays. Regularly volunteered to work additional shifts during periods of high customer volume often resulting in work days in excess of 12 hours.
- Employee of the month May 2010.
Various Positions and Locations
July 2005 - September 2009
- Enlisted MOS: 15J (OH-58D Electrical/Armament/Avionics Systems Repairer).
- Served as an Information Management Officer and SharePoint information portal administrator as an additional duty while enlisted.
- Selected to attend Warrant Officer Candidate School and Rotary-Wing Flight Training.
- Honorably discharged as a Warrant Officer (WO1).
- Earned 3 Army Achievement Medals.